Follow

Becoming Vegetarian

Leave a Comment
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

       The month of September I made a lifestyle change that I have been wanting to make for some time now.



This past year I have discovered a lot of vegan YouTubers that really opened my eyes as to what I was really eating. I was slowly cutting meat out of my diet since the summer, but I was really scared of labeling myself as a vegetarian. I did not want to slip up and feel like a bad person afterwards. It is really easy for me to slip up and beat myself up over it, so I did not want to label myself. This September, however, I decided to fully commit to a vegetarian lifestyle. I could not continue to watch documentaries of the way these animals are treated, and then eat meat a few days after. I honestly can not look at meat without having an image of these animals being treated horribly in my head, so that is why I decided to become a vegetarian. I am NOT a vegan yet, since I am already having conflict with my parents about being vegetarian. They think I will not get the right "protein", so I do not want them to become more alarmed by saying I am a vegan. I still eat cheese and occasionally eat eggs (i consume these like maybe once or twice a month, I am planning to cut them off too), but I do drink dairy-free milk. I am waiting until I move out to fully go vegan and purchase my own food.

     I have only been vegetarian for a month and a half, and I absolutely love it! I have never felt so good about my health and my body until now. I have to prepare my own meals, because my Mexican family loves their meat and will rather cut their arm off than go vegetarian. I love cooking for myself though, it gives me that creative freedom of making meals for myself. Some turn out really shit, but we learn from our mistakes lol. I want to make this blog like a diary, so I will continue posting about my diet.


If you are thinking of becoming a vegan/vegetarian I recommend you to watch these documentaries that changed my life for the better:


Cowspiracy (Netflix)- this documentary is mainly about the environmental harm that is caused by the meat industries. It is very eye opening and so SO informative -
Vegucated (Netflix)- this documentary is about 3 New Yorkers going vegan for a month. It talks about animal cruelty and it is a really good documentary if you are interested in meat lovers changing their lifestyles for the first time.
Food Inc (Netflix)- this is the very first documentary that I watched that made me question myself as to why I was continuing to consume meat. This documentary also has animal cruelty and it shows you how these animals are really treated in the process of turning into our food. -
Earthlings (Youtube)- this documentary is not for everyone. It is very graphic and I personally could not make it through the whole thing. I watched around 30 minutes and I had to stop watching it, because I felt like I was going to be sick. If you can handle graphic animal cruelty than this is a very good documentary to watch.




Cheers to new lifestyle changes and self improvement! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment